Thursday, November 27, 2008

Ideas are the mechanism by which our puny brains model the world. Everything is an idea. The most honorable and the most horrible acts are committed because of an idea.

Ideas always have an emotion at their core.

Ideas are imperfect. They are not reality, but we treat them as such. Ideas are subjective. The concept of objective truth is an idea and thus is itself subjective.

Our perceptions solidify into ideas. What we know as the world around us is just a collection of ideas. It's an illusion really. This is itself an idea. One that I got from reading the book "The Disappearance of the Universe".

I write this in the third person, but it's really what I've learned about myself, but I have a pretty good hunch it applies to other people as well.

No comments: